This is an All Extract Lager Recipe
Fermentation Volume: 5.0 US Gallons
Initial Boil Volume: 4.0 US Gallons
Color: 4.6 Lovi/SRM
Bitterness: 28 IBU
Original Gravity: 1.046
Final Gravity: 1.012
Approx Alcohol: 4.4%
- 6.5 lbs - Light Malt Syrup (Color: 2.0)
- 0.25 lbs - Crystal Malt (40) (Color: 40.0)
- 2.0 tsp - Gypsum
- 1 packet - Pilsen Lager (2007) Yeast (Attenuation: 73%)
- 1.5 oz - Saaz (Alpha Acid: 3.8%, Boiled 75 Minutes)
- 1.0 oz - Saaz (Alpha Acid: 3.8%, Boiled 10 Minutes)
Primary Fermentation: 3 Weeks at 45 degrees in a Glass vessel
Secondary Fermentation: 4 Weeks at 35 degrees in a Glass vessel
Put into Bottles with 3/4 cup - Light DME for Priming
Make a 2-quart starter for the yeast a couple of days before you brew. Steep
the crystal malt at 170 degrees for 20 minutes in about 1 gallon of brew water.
Strain out the grains. Add water and the malt syrup so you have about 3.5 gallons.
Boil the mixture along with the boiling hops for 75 minutes. Add finishing hops
in last 10 minutes. Cool the wort, transfer to fermentation vessel and pitch
the yeast starter.